Harvey Nash involvement
Introduction by Albert Ellis, CEO, Harvey Nash Group
Sustainable business success requires the support of a mature and diverse board, and gender-balance around the boardroom table is a key element in this.
Harvey Nash has a long history of championing of diversity, from the launch of the Inspire network in the UK, the US and Asia Pacific to the research we produce each year that focuses on this very issue.
We feel that is our duty as a search firm to be instrumental in challenging the business norms to drive change in order to help to grow our clients’ businesses further.
Harvey Nash’s partnership with The University of Hong Kong, Executive Education of the Faculty of Business and Economics demonstrates our commitment to Asia, its important institutions and in particular, our investment in future female talent.
Although there has been a great deal of talk about gender balance and diversity, we are taking real action to unlock the talent pipeline and enable more senior business women to be successful in winning appointments to company boards.
We believe this programme will:
- Result in a pool of board-ready female leaders
- Raise the importance of this issue in the wider business community
- Provide participants with opportunities for relationship building and access to key industry leaders
- Empower women to put themselves forward, enabling them to fulfil their career aspirations
The Women's Development Programme has to date been lauded as 'pioneering' and 'groundbreaking,' and with the support of the wider business community, we are positive that it will serve to drive a step change in tacking the issue of gender-balanced boards.
Harvey Nash believes equality and diversity are necessary for:
- Individuals: Everyone has the right to be treated fairly and have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
- The economy: A competitive economy allows successful organisations to draw on all the available talents and abilities.
- Society: A more equal society offers more stability in the long term, which is attractive to businesses.
About Harvey Nash
Established in 1988, Harvey Nash has supported many of the world's leading organisations to recruit, source and manage the highly skilled talent they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive and technology driven world.
With over 4,000 professionals more than 40 offices across the USA, Europe and Asia the Group has the reach and resources of a global organisation, whilst fostering a culture of innovation and agility that empowers its people to respond to constantly changing client needs.
We work with clients, both large and small, to deliver a portfolio of services: executive search, professional recruitment and outsourcing.
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/harveynashgroup