Course structure and Timings
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge needed to demonstrate they are ready for the responsibilities of the boardroom as a Director or Non-Executive Director. It also helps women already on boards who want to improve their skills and knowledge to a world-class level.
There are a number of requirements all participants need to meet in order to ensure that the programme is conducted to suit a certain skill set and level of understanding. These requirements ensure all participants gain maximum benefit from the six-day programme:
- Working in a leadership role for 5 years or more
- Financial exposure / responsibility for P&L
Please download our factsheet for more information about the course.
This six-day programme, split into two sessions of three days each, will allow participants to fully immerse themselves in the learning experience and network with international peers, away from the distractions of daily life.
Session 1: 25-27 May 2017 (Thurs-Sat) – 3 days
Session 2: 14-16 September 2017 (Thurs-Sat) – 3 days
There are six modules, which include:
- The Real-World Roles of Board and Committee Members
- Collaborative Leadership
- Persuasive Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Public Company and Securities Market Regulation
- Board Appointment and Strategic Leadership
- Ethics and Compliance
Held at The University of Hong Kong’s Cyberport Campus in the Executive Education Centre, the programme will involve interactive sessions with industry leaders such as:
- Sir Roger Carr, Chairman of BAE Systems
- Donald Brydon, Chairman of Sage Group and LSE
- Ruth Markland, Senior INED of Standard Chartered Bank
- Anne Minto, INED of Shire and Tate & Lyle
- John Rice, Vice Chairman of GE and President & CEO of GE Global Growth and Operations
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire, Chairman & CEO of Schneider Electric
On completion of the six-day program and upon successful completion of an examination, a Certificate on Board Directorship Program with QR Registration No.13/00264/L6 will be given to the participant.